Solving the challenge of public criticism can be tricky, but with careful wording an admission of wrongdoing can help reestablish trust with your customers.
- A great way to respond to customer criticism…is to be caring and authentic.…There are many ways to show your customers…that you genuinely care and to establish mutual trust.…When Starbucks had an issue with bathroom use…by non-paying customers, they apologized for their mistake…and completely changed their bathroom use policy.…So now even if you don't buy a drink at Starbucks,…you can still use their bathroom.…Starbucks responded incredibly quickly to the issue…and listened to their customers helping to repair trust…that would've been damaged…had they let this problem go unaddressed for longer.…
So how can you be more caring and authentic as a brand?…Create a solution that shows you are listening to criticism…and adapting to your customers needs and wants.…While this may be inconvenient at first for your brand,…it shows a level of care that your customers…will ultimately appreciate.…Caring can be simply admitting that you've been wrong…but wording is key.…So consult your PR team to make sure…you're delivering the right message.…
- Identify two tools businesses should use to help manage their brand reputation.
- Recognize the most effective strategy to use when faced with criticism.
- List the steps to follow when a problem or negative criticism arises.
- Recall best practices to use when interviewing a potential consultant to help with reputation management.