Learn the importance of looking at results to continually improve. Review reach, engagement, lead generation, and the importance of adding value to your audience.
- [Narrator] If you want to be successful with content marketing, you need to look at your results. It's all too easy to focus on writing and distributing content, but without measuring what's working, then it's difficult to know if you're resonating with your target audience and if you're achieving your business objectives. As stepping stones to measuring objectives, content marketers can look at reach. That's the total number of your social media followers, fans, or connections that have a chance to see your social media posts at a point in time. Sometimes it's called impressions and you'll find these stats in the native analytics of each individual social media platform.
You should also look at how your content is being amplified or shared by your audience. Again, your native analytics will give you this data. And we must, of course, measure leads. If you've included some form of call to action as part of your content, such as an email signup or PDF download, then you'll have a useful lead generation metric. Ultimately you want to focus on metrics of the online platform you own, your website. Using Google Analytics to look at sources of traffic is really important in measuring the success of content marketing.
Success with content marketing builds over time. You need to keep adding value for your target audience, keep looking at the numbers, and continually refine content to see if you can achieve more. To learn more on this, why not check out my cause on Social Media Marketing ROI?
- What's content marketing?
- Understanding the power of social media as a platform
- What are the four types of content for social media?
- Distributing content on social media
- Measuring success
- Tips for great content marketing with social media