Learn high level process steps and approximate timing for each step and how to communicate to the internal team.
- Next, let's talk about the schedule,…or also called a timetable.…A schedule helps you get people's attention…and commitment when you need it,…and keeps the process moving forward…in a timely and organized way.…I recommend using a basic spreadsheet…that people are comfortable using, such as Excel.…So what are the key tasks in the schedule?…How long does each task take?…How do you communicate the schedule to the team?…For now, we'll only talk about the tasks in the schedule.…
Throughout the rest of this course,…we'll discuss more specifics…about how to accomplish each task.…Task one, get organized.…Capture the analysis and decisions you've made so far.…This includes names of team members…and their designated roles and responsibilities.…Include a step to discuss the budget.…The internal team should agree on a general range…that's affordable for year one and looks ahead to year two.…You don't want the agencies to recommend a plan…that's either way over or way under your budget.…
Task two, define your search criteria.…
- Explain the role of an account manager in a marketing agency.
- Review information from a request for proposal before deciding which agencies will present a pitch.
- Identify the purpose of a non-disclosure agreement.
- Recognize the benefits of assigning a liaison as a point of contact.
- Define scope of work and explain why it is typically an exhibit to a contract.
- Determine the most effective way to manage risks before issuing a contract.