Understand the importance of using a cross-discipline internal team for the selection process and clarifying roles & responsibilities, e.g., decision makers, consulted, informed.
- For your agency selection process you'll need…to determine the internal review team.…Choosing a new agency is definitely not a one person show.…Usually the challenge is not finding people to participate,…the challenges are limiting the review team…to only essential people and clearly defining…their roles and responsibilities up front.…Choosing a new agency can be exciting and fun,…but it's also a serious time and resource commitment.…Let me explain who should be on the internal agency…selection team and why and how to define roles…for each member to ensure…a smooth and collaborative process.…
In my experience marketing should definitely…lead this effort.…This may sound obvious, but you'd be surprised…how many times this doesn't happen.…For example, sometimes procurement…or a non-marketing senior executive can take charge…which typically doesn't lead to the best process…or agency selection, because they're not the people…who work with the agency every day…or really understand the deliverables.…It's best to include people who represent…
- Explain the role of an account manager in a marketing agency.
- Review information from a request for proposal before deciding which agencies will present a pitch.
- Identify the purpose of a non-disclosure agreement.
- Recognize the benefits of assigning a liaison as a point of contact.
- Define scope of work and explain why it is typically an exhibit to a contract.
- Determine the most effective way to manage risks before issuing a contract.