While a lot of word-of-mouth marketing happens online, the majority of persuasive word of mouth happens offline. In this video, learn about the importance of having both offline and online marketing strategies.
- We've talked about the value of word of mouth … and why it's much more effective … than traditional advertising. … But now let's turn to how to get it. … How do we get people talking about our stuff … and how can we use that … to help our own products and ideas catch on? … When most of us think about word of mouth, … we tend to think about online. … Things like Facebook, things like Twitter, … other social media sites. … But if you had to guess, what percent out a hundred … of all word of mouth is online? … Take a second to think of a number. … Got it in mind? … Well I think the answer will surprise you. … I bet many of you were guessing something … like 50%, 60%, maybe even 70%. … But the answer is seven, only 7% of word of mouth is online. … And that's much lower than most of us might think. … Indeed, that number's getting higher every year, … and, indeed, online channels like Facebook and Twitter … have changed the way people communicate. … But one important thing to remember is …
- Summarize the advantages of word-of-mouth advertising.
- Identify the six STEPPS to getting people to share.
- Explain the effects of a trigger.
- Describe the function of social proof.
- Recall the most effective strategies for spreading a marketing message.
- Recognize two components in a story meant to help spread a business message.