Most of the top-ranking websites use structured data. In this video, learn how to mark up your site with structured data.
- [Instructor] Getting started with structured data is actually relatively straightforward. Google has phenomenal documentation on how structured data works and it's not very difficult to run through a series of examples and get this set up on your own website. Now you can find this documentation by simply doing a search for Google structured data or visiting the URL on the screen. Now Google also offers a Structured Data Code Lab and this is an interactive walkthrough that helps you understand how the information is standardized and how to classify your page content. Google will walk you through a series of projects that help you understand how structured data is developed and how to use JSON-LD to mark up the elements of your site. Additionally within the documentation, you can evaluate all of the site's attributes that are available for markup. You can add in your business contact information, your site's name, logo, social links, breadcrumbs. And there's all sorts of content items which you can interact with using the navigation on the left-hand side to see just what's available. I encourage you to explore this documentation to become familiar with everything that you can mark up and I encourage you to add markup for whatever content items are available for ingestion with Google as this will add significant value to your search results and to your SEO efforts.
- Setting SEO goals
- Working with Google Search Console
- Evaluating SEO problems
- Using Google diagnostic tools, including web.dev
- Configuring and using the Screaming Frog SEO Spider
- Getting started with Keyword Planner
- Structuring data
- Using SEMrush
- Conducting keyword research
- Using BuzzSumo for content research
Skill Level Intermediate
1. A Look at Goals
2. Google Search Console
3. Google Diagnostic Tools
4. Screaming Frog SEO Spider
5. Keyword Resources
6. Google Structured Data
9. Bonus Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.