Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Getting media mentions, part of Offline Marketing Foundations.
- A good piece of press coverage, has the ability…to drive thousands of people back to your website.…Plus that third party validation from the press,…gives you a new level of authority,…credibility and brand awareness.…But how do you get there?…Well, truthfully I'm not a leading expert in PR strategy…but my close colleague Andrea Holland is,…and she has some amazing content…right here you can check out.…So I've asked her her approach to getting media mentions…and she shared the following with me.…
Typically there are three pieces to securing media mentions.…The first is to write your press release.…The second is to develop your media list…and the third is to pitch the media.…Let's break these down.…Your press release is what you'll point…the media to, it serves as a way to tell a bigger story…and drive credibility for your pitch.…Just know that the press release is only one piece…of the process, you can't just send your release…out to the wire and assume it'll get traction…with journalists, you send it to the wire…
- Identify the pros and cons of offline marketing.
- Recognize the fundamentals of audience development in offline marketing.
- Recognize how to break down expenses when setting up an offline marketing budget.
- Explore the elements of using direct mail in offline marketing.
- Examine the use of events such as promotional giveaways and trade shows in offline marketing.
- Identify the pros and cons of using print advertising in offline marketing.
- Break down the benefits of television and radio advertising.
- Explore the fundamentals of using promotions in offline marketing.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Offline Marketing Overview
Deciding how much to spend4m 38s
3. Direct Mail
6. Television and Radio
Getting media mentions4m 50s
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.