- [Narrator] AdWords comes with predefined reports that help you answer questions about your data. And these reports are helpful because they give you specific insights and you can schedule them to even run at a certain interval. And email you or others on your team the results. To start I'm going to select the reports icon, here in the top right corner of the screen. From here you'll have other predefined reports and you'll see a variety of reports that you can generate. That are already created by Google AdWords. These can include reports on campaigns or geographic data or extension that you're using.
Or the time of day that your campaign are running. Lets start by running a basic campaign report. Once the report has generated, we now have the ability to really customize it. So for starters we can see a similar table view and this brings in some of the basic information that we're looking at. Let's start at the top left. If I choose the hamburger menu option, we can begin to add additional attributes to this report. You'll find what you're interested in seeing and then you can click and drag and drop under the table view.
Now depending on the type of metric that you're bringing in, Google will allow you to either add it at the row or the column level. In this case if I wanna bring in ads, I can only add them to the row. Let's the average position, here I can add this to the entire table. As I scroll down I can take campaigns status and I can choose to add it either to the row or column. So this works like a (mumbles) table of (mumbles). Here I added campaign status at the row level. Alternatively I can add it at the column level and you'll see how things change.
To remove it is simply choose the X next to that item. To close this side bar, I'll choose that menu option, in the upper left hand corner again. Alternatively you can change the view. Here I see that table is selected but you can select line chart and then you can select the attributes to convert this to a line chart. At any time I can simply choose the line chart option to go back to a table or you can choose reset, in the upper right hand corner which will bring the view right back to how it started.
Now if you're seeing the attributes available here, you can hide that by selecting this icon which hides row and column. You'll find that in the top right hand corner. Additionally next to this icon, you have the option to apply filters. This is really helpful when you wanna narrow things down by a certain attribute. And this is also why your naming conventions, are really important. Because you can come in here and you can search for an Ad group name or campaign name and filter by the terms that you used. Such as discount offer, summer promotion and you'll see everything that corresponds to that.
I can choose the X here on the right hand side to remove any filters. On the top right corner of the page, you've the option to save as which will allow you to save this report. Once you've made all your customizations, you can save it and then generate your specific report, again and again. To the right of that you can download this report and further more you can select the clock icon to create an email schedule. You choose the frequency as well as the format and then you can add in any email addresses here where it says who do you wanna share the report with.
Once you're done select save. In this case I'll choose cancel. Experiment with the various reports that are available to you. How you use these is really gonna depend on your objectives.
Brad shows how to evaluate your website and identify conversion goals, measure and interpret website analytics, get the most out of SEO, and set up your first text and display ads. See how to connect with communities on the leading social networks, learn best practices for developing and distributing video marketing content, and find out what makes an email marketing campaign successful. This course also covers content marketing, mobile marketing, and influencer marketing, as well as recommendations for expanding your digital marketing skillset. Upon completing this foundational digital marketing course, you'll be equipped with skills and strategies that can help you navigate today's online landscape and develop a smart plan of action.
- Examine the importance of the top three digital strategies for business, brand, and marketing.
- Define vital online marketing terms.
- Explore the components of the digital marketing landscape.
- Identify the uses of a marketing funnel.
- Discover the characteristics of an effective website.
- Recognize the importance behind choosing an effective domain name.
- Determine the importance of choosing a responsive design.
- Examine the fundamentals of a conversion funnel.