Author Chris Goward shows when to layer the three types of research to create a mature personalization program, including when to add automation.
- A lot of companies miss out…on personalization opportunities…because they never move past their assumptions…about their shoppers.…They rely on false assumptions or dated insights.…Your existing knowledge is just the starting point,…which is exciting…because there's so much more potential too.…Now I'm going to show you…some advanced personalization opportunities…that move beyond existing knowledge.…So the first layer to get right…is your existing knowledge insights.…The next layer to move into is new research insights.…That's where you find new data…or run different personalization focused experiments…to generate new personalization insights.…
Within these two levels,…you want to always be testing and validating…which insights actually provide return to your organization.…And only then after you've proven…the personalization approach is at work should you move…to the third layer, and that's automation.…That's where you embed these insights into the organization…through your personalization platform.…A lot of mistakes happen when marketers buy a tool…
Chris Goward has helped lead conversion optimization and personalization strategies for companies like IBM, Google, and HP. Join him in this course to learn the principles of marketing personalization, and strategies to put personalization to work in your campaigns. Chris reviews the different personalization platforms, and explains how to integrate them into your existing toolset. He helps you sort through data and find new opportunities, and prioritize your projects using the PIE framework.
- Why is personalization important?
- When to use personalization
- Integrating personalization platforms
- Personalizing existing targets
- Finding new opportunities
- Using personalization data
- Validating with A/B testing for growth and insights