Deirdre Breakenridge helps you determine the best external marketing activities, including branding, demand/lead generation, PR, advertising, events, and website.
- Did you know that according to a NASDAQ study,…40% of chief communications officers…track a maximum of four KPIs at a time?…This is important to keep in mind…because it shows you need to be very selective…in the KPIs you measure.…Be sure to only track the KPIs and metrics…based on the resources you have.…To make it easier for you to visualize…a couple of important KPIs and metrics to track,…let's use an example of a goal setting process for VTech,…a product for veterans.…
In this example, Mark, the CMO of VTech,…predicts that the company is going to make $500,000…in revenue yearly and 50% of the revenue…will be from your new software product release.…Clearly, Mark's goal is financial…and you would have to make $250,000 in sales.…In order to reach the sales goal,…Mark would need the sales team…to make sales of $10,000 per customer…or 25 paying customers in the year.…
Because there's a one in five success rate for conversion…and accepted and predicted success rate,…the sales team would need to generate 50 qualified leads.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Building your go-to-market (GTM) plan foundation
- Assessing whether you need a marketing or GTM plan
- Entering new markets with a competitive advantage
- Developing your product vision and message
- Setting your product price at launch
- Setting up your channel strategy
- Driving better channel performance
- Evaluating KPIs and metrics
- Storytelling and the customer journey