Join Sam Dey for an in-depth discussion in this video Email marketing, part of Marketing Foundations: eCommerce.
- Not everyone who visits your website is going to convert into a sale the very first time they see your offer. Email marketing is a great way to bring people back to your website if they've not made the decision to make a purchase. It's also a great way to send additional resources, and upsells, and cross-sells to customers who have purchased in the past. Let's talk a little bit more about email and how you can use it most effectively for your eCommerce website. So why is email marketing so effective? It is a great way to bring visitors back to your website. It's a relationship-building tool. It can be used alongside remarketing, and it is great for upselling and cross-selling. So how do you do email marketing effectively? You want to have a lead magnet or an entry-level product. I want to show you an example of my lead magnet on my website. So here on my website, I have a free guide, which people can download for free when they enter their name and their email address. The lead magnet entices people to leave their name and email address on my website. It gives them a reason to subscribe to my database. You can do the same thing with an entry-level product, which is normally just a product that is slightly less pricey than your normal products that you have available on your eCommerce site. This is a doorway product which enters people into your email marketing campaigns. You also want to ensure that you segment your email list appropriately. You don't want to be sending people the wrong emails. For example, if someone makes a purchase of a male's hat, you don't want to be sending them emails that promotes and upsells ladies shoes. That is is highly ineffective email marketing. You want to make sure that people are getting emails that resonate with them the best and the best way to do this is by segmenting your different email list based on what people have signed up for, what people have purchased, and what people are going to be interested in. You also want to think about the lifetime value of your customers. Email marketing is a great way for you to build a relationship with the people who have left their name and email address on your eCommerce website or made purchases from your website in the past. It is really expensive to acquire a new customer, so when you're doing email marketing, it's a way for you to bridge the gap between stranger and customer. You want to send emails that really resonate with your customers so that they're more likely to purchase from your website on a consistent basis. You want to generate customers and not just people who buy from your website on a one-off. And email is a great way to do that. It's important to remember that you need to be clear that you're telling people what you're doing with regards to your email marketing campaigns. Don't just email people, but let them know that they're going to be a part of your email database, and let them as know as well what they can expect. But what are some of the softwares that you can utilize to help you do email marketing well? I have a list for you. So some of my top recommended email marketing softwares include AWeber, Mailchimp, ClickFunnels, Infusionsoft, and OptinMonster. I want to take a closer look into OptinMonster. OptinMonster allows you to create what is known as exit intent pops. When someone is about to leave your website, you can send them something that pops up and it suggests that they should enter your database. Using an exit intent pop is great for your eCommerce website. If someone visits a page and they don't make a purchase, and they're about to leave, you can send them an exit intent pop on their screen, which says hey, don't leave yet. Maybe download this particular guide or formula, or you can even give them a percentage off the next time they visit your website simply by entering their name and their email address. You can then have them as a part of your database and use your email marketing campaign as a way to convert them into a customer later on down the line. Email marketing is a great way to bring your website visitors into your ecosystem. It's also effective if you want to cross-sell and upsell, and it's a great way to build a relationship with those who make purchases from you. The better you know your customers and understand their needs, wants, and desires, will create a better email campaign for you because you know what resonates with them and you can send that exact messaging. Email marketing can really help you to improve your conversion rates on your eCommerce website.
- What is ecommerce?
- Building an ecommerce site
- Attracting free traffic via SEO and social media
- Acquiring paid traffic
- Increasing website conversions
- Email marketing for increase conversions