Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Direct mail overview, part of Offline Marketing Foundations.
- With the prevalence and effectiveness…of digital advertising, it's easy to discount…direct mail as antiquated and ineffective.…But that's just not true.…According to the 2017 DMA Response Rate Report,…direct mail is actually increasing in effectiveness.…Response rates rank stronger than most digital channels,…a reported 5.1% for house lists and 2.9%…for prospect lists.…To put this into perspective, the benchmark…for combined digital channels is 2%…and advertisers also saw an added 2% lift…in response rates when using oversized mailers.…
And just so we're on the same page,…a response rate is the percentage of people…who saw your advertisement and then completed…your desired action.…Now that said, direct mail is moderately expensive…and you'll be paying for the entire campaign up front…as opposed to spreading the costs out over each month…as you might with pap-per-click ads.…However, direct mail still promotes a strong ROI.…Social media ads have a median ROI of 30%,…which is on par with that of direct mail ads.…
- Identify the pros and cons of offline marketing.
- Recognize the fundamentals of audience development in offline marketing.
- Recognize how to break down expenses when setting up an offline marketing budget.
- Explore the elements of using direct mail in offline marketing.
- Examine the use of events such as promotional giveaways and trade shows in offline marketing.
- Identify the pros and cons of using print advertising in offline marketing.
- Break down the benefits of television and radio advertising.
- Explore the fundamentals of using promotions in offline marketing.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Offline Marketing Overview
Deciding how much to spend4m 38s
3. Direct Mail
6. Television and Radio
Getting media mentions4m 50s
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.