Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Direct mail best practices, part of Offline Marketing Foundations.
- An incredible benefit…to direct mail is how straight-forward it is.…It's not all that complicated to get started.…Your goal is really just…to deliver an eye-catching advertisement…to your target market.…In fact, the biggest pitfall…in direct mail is when marketers deviate…from best practices.…Direct mail has been around long enough…that we've got a pretty solid idea of how…to increase response rates.…To identify the best practices, let's look…at the key reasons campaigns fail…and what you'll want to do instead.…
For starters, many marketers set unrealistic expectations.…Your direct mail piece will be a needle in a haystack.…If you're assuming that everyone will absolutely look…at your piece because it's printed, you're delusional.…You need it to stand out.…And that's not just in your design but in size, too.…Small postcards will be lost in the shuffle…of larger mail pieces.…So if you're sending a cheaper, smaller postcard, you need…to lower your expectations for response rates.…Another contributor…to poor performance is insufficient planning.…
- Identify the pros and cons of offline marketing.
- Recognize the fundamentals of audience development in offline marketing.
- Recognize how to break down expenses when setting up an offline marketing budget.
- Explore the elements of using direct mail in offline marketing.
- Examine the use of events such as promotional giveaways and trade shows in offline marketing.
- Identify the pros and cons of using print advertising in offline marketing.
- Break down the benefits of television and radio advertising.
- Explore the fundamentals of using promotions in offline marketing.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Offline Marketing Overview
Deciding how much to spend4m 38s
3. Direct Mail
6. Television and Radio
Getting media mentions4m 50s
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.