Deirdre Breakenridge shows you about developing product messaging that differentiates your offerings from what your competitors offer.
- You're at a critical point in your go-to-market plan.…It's time to use what you've learned about your market,…segmented audiences, and the competition…to develop your new product messaging.…Product messaging can make or break your product.…It's through messaging that lets your target customers…know you truly understand them,…and you're delivering a unique product they need.…At the same time, your messaging is an opportunity…to stand out from your competition.…
But where do you start?…You have to use the most important information…you've gathered to build a message foundation.…This will help to position your product for success.…A strong message foundation is built upon best practices.…Number one, communicate value.…You should always choose value over features.…Many companies focus on product features…and want to share how and what the product does…for the customer.…However, customers are interested in the benefits,…and what value will be derived from using your product.…
For example, customers are wondering,…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Building your go-to-market (GTM) plan foundation
- Assessing whether you need a marketing or GTM plan
- Entering new markets with a competitive advantage
- Developing your product vision and message
- Setting your product price at launch
- Setting up your channel strategy
- Driving better channel performance
- Evaluating KPIs and metrics
- Storytelling and the customer journey