Author Chris Goward gives an overview of framework thinking and the LIFT Model. He addresses the question, "Why should I do marketing personalization?"
- Let's look at an example of personalization in action.…One of WiderFunnel's clients is DMV.org.…Now let's say you need to renew your license in California.…You need to find out information about how to do that.…You search for renew license California,…and see one of the paid or unpaid listings for DMV.org,…and when you click on their ad,…you end up on this content page…that tells you everything you need to know…about renewing your license.…You also get this banner interrupting the experience,…and that's actually where DMV.org makes their revenue.…They have an affiliate revenue model…where they sell leads for car insurance…to car insurance providers.…
If you click on that insurance banner,…you go to a listing page with all the insurance providers,…then onto the quote form to get an insurance quote.…So DMV.org gets paid a referral fee…from the insurance companies…for sending you to them as a lead.…WiderFunnel had been A/B testing these banners…for a couple years at this point,…and it was pretty well optimized already.…
Chris Goward has helped lead conversion optimization and personalization strategies for companies like IBM, Google, and HP. Join him in this course to learn the principles of marketing personalization, and strategies to put personalization to work in your campaigns. Chris reviews the different personalization platforms, and explains how to integrate them into your existing toolset. He helps you sort through data and find new opportunities, and prioritize your projects using the PIE framework.
- Why is personalization important?
- When to use personalization
- Integrating personalization platforms
- Personalizing existing targets
- Finding new opportunities
- Using personalization data
- Validating with A/B testing for growth and insights