In this video, learn what the definition of marketing ethics means to your organization and the public.
- Take a look at the news today. … Can you identify any marketing missteps … in consumer data privacy, embellished claims, … fake news, bias online, … and marketing that doesn't benefit customers? … Have executives lost their way? … Well, yes, some have. … Leaders need to show accountability … when their marketing is misleading to the public. … If you've run into ethical issues at your company, … chances are you haven't, well, … defined what marketing ethics means at your company. … It all starts with your marketing ethics definition. … Take a look at the American Marketing Association or the AMA … and their ethical norms. … They say do not harm, foster trust in the marketing system, … embrace ethical values, … including honesty, respect, responsibility, and fairness. … When it comes to marketing ethics, … there's no one standard definition, … so I'm going to give you four pillars that I've used … to help you create your definition. … To review the four pillars in more detail … to inform your own marketing ethics definition, …
- Examine the connection between leadership accountability and ethical practices.
- List three unethical behaviors that have a negative impact on marketing.
- Explain why marketing ethics training should not be a stand-alone program.
- Recognize the negative impact of using the word “testing” when assessing the effectiveness of an ethics training program.
- Review the importance of being open and transparent with clients.