Learn the elements that make up email marketing, from an email list to segmentation. Explore the most popular terms that make up email marketing and get a clear picture of how email marketing can work in your own business ecosystem.
- When beginning email marketing…understanding the individual elements of…what makes up an email strategy is really important.…Let's go over these key elements.…The first element to know and to understand is your target.…This is the person that you wish…to directly market to with your email campaign.…In order for this person to begin receiving your emails…they will need to become a subscriber.…And a subscriber is just that.…It is someone who has opted in…to receive your email communications.…This can be through a web form on your website,…manually from a trade show signup list,…or perhaps they've bought a product from you in the past.…
All of these subscribers form what's known as your list.…Your list will be stored and kept…in your email marketing service.…Let me show you how this looks in MailChimp.…Another key element with email marketing is segmentation.…This simply means that you're able to categorize…different subscribers into different lists,…groups, or subgroups.…For example, you might segment your list…
- Recognize the purpose of email marketing.
- Recall the goal of a segmentation strategy.
- Determine the appropriate strategy for testing emails on mobile and desktop devices.
- Identify two metrics that can be used to understand which types of emails people interact with.