- What is database marketing?
- Email marketing tools
- Using a data management platform (DMP)
- Database analysis and customer insights
- Segmentation and personalization
- Laws, regulations, and issues in the US and in the EU
- Maintaining data quality
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Adriaan] My name is Adriaan Brits. I'm a digital marketing consultant, and in this course I want to help you to get up to speed with key concepts in database marketing. Database marketing is that silent but powerful element in your business that competitors struggle to assess. Thanks to insights derived from data, we have the ability to optimize key metrics such as the lifetime value of the customer, attraction, churn, loyalty, and referral rights. In the introduction, you will learn what modern database marketing is about, the email marketing tools that's available, and look at some data management platforms.
You'll get familiar with typical budget considerations and the value of customer insights. In database marketing strategy, we will explore how to grow an internal database, tapping into external databases, the power of CRM and customer retention, the value of personalization and segmentation, as well as tools and ideas for implementation. In legal and other issues, you'll learn about permission marketing, opt-ins and cookies, as well as an overview of regulations that may affect you in the US and EU.
We will also cover data hygiene and quality. We will share a real business case study and some recommended next steps that you can pursue. On completion of the course, you will have a solid foundation to move forward with database marketing, to navigate your way through an industry with many different technologies, and to choose the solution that is right for your business.