Learn how the Lean Canvas is an effective tool for managing your product marketing and learn how to build and distribute this one-page marketing plan.
- We're marketing in a landscape…that's shifting at incomprehensible speeds,…and this means we need to be agile,…and find ways to introduce product marketing strategies,…without going overkill on the planning.…To help quickly formulate…product launches or marketing campaigns,…I organize all the relevant marketing information,…using a one page business model template called Lean Canvas.…It serves as your building blocks,…as you consider what marketing efforts to deploy.…The Lean Canvas is a one page document…that was adapted from Alexander Osterwalder's…Business Model Canvas, by Ash Maurya.…
The idea, is you'll have an actionable…and product-focused plan to work from.…It's far more effective, because it's simple.…It focuses on what's important,…and it's easy for others to share, and digest.…Here's what it looks like.…You have a series of boxes that you'll need to fill out,…with the corresponding information.…If you were to fold this paper in half,…the left side is all about the product,…and the right side is all about the market.…
- Identify the phase when it would be best to spend the most money on marketing.
- Recall the question you must continually consider in the development phase.
- Recognize why it might be a good strategy for a company to do a refresh on a product.
- Recognize when tertiary competitors can pose a risk to your market share.
- Explain where to place a product’s value proposition in a team aligning document.