- Benefits of content measurement
- Challenges to address
- Creating a campaign
- Choosing purpose-driven goals
- Setting a time frame
- Coordinating with other marketing efforts
- Investing in different content formats
- Aligning content with the buying process
- Calculating the cost of content
- Vanity vs. actionable metrics
- Setting up a reporting system
Skill Level Intermediate
- As disruptive forms of advertising become less effective, the use of content marketing is becoming more prominent. Content marketing explains why your company exists in the first place. It is a creative way to tell your brand's story, build trust, and provide value to your audience in a meaningful way. If you're blogging, podcasting, or creating video as a part of your content marketing strategy, it is important to measure the medium's impact on your business. Hi, I'm Brian Honigman, and as a content marketing consultant, writer, teacher, and speaker, I've seen firsthand the confusion many businesses experience when trying to monitor their progress with content.
In this course, you'll learn the right ways to calculate the ROI of your content marketing campaigns, to better understand how content affects your companies goals. We'll start by addressing the major challenges to content measurement. We'll dive into the best ways to develop a goal-oriented campaign, and we'll see how to choose the right content formats and metrics to set up and inform your reporting system. Today, 73% of business to consumer marketers still use website traffic to determine if their content marketing is working or not.
If that's your only indicator of success with content, then it's time to reassess your approach to measurement entirely. My goal is to correct any measurement misconceptions you might have, make you an indispensable member of the marketing department, and help all of your content marketing campaigns reach their full potential. Let's start measuring how content influences your bottom line.