Screaming Frog works pretty well right out the box, but you will need to make key changes to the settings to properly crawl your website. In this video, learn how to configure Screaming Frog.
- [Instructor] Screaming Frog will work pretty well … right out of the box, … you simply drop in the domain and run the crawl, … and let it do its thing. … It starts at your homepage and it crawls through your site … until it's checked every accessible page. … Now if you have pages that are orphaned, … meaning they can't be reached from any page on your site, … then they're not going to appear in your crawl, … because the crawler will not be able to click a link … and arrive there. … So, if you're trying to identify why those aren't showing up … it's because the crawler can't find them. … Now in the regular crawl mode SEO Spider … crawls the domain or subdomain your enter … and it will treat any other subdomains it encounters … as external links. … This means if you have say store.mysite.com … and blog.mysite.com and dub-dub-dub, … it's going to treat those all differently. … Now within the free version you can't configure … your crawl but within the paid version you can. … Now I don't intend to go completely into …
- Setting SEO goals
- Working with Google Search Console
- Evaluating SEO problems
- Using Google diagnostic tools, including web.dev
- Configuring and using the Screaming Frog SEO Spider
- Getting started with Keyword Planner
- Structuring data
- Using SEMrush
- Conducting keyword research
- Using BuzzSumo for content research
Skill Level Intermediate
1. A Look at Goals
2. Google Search Console
3. Google Diagnostic Tools
4. Screaming Frog SEO Spider
5. Keyword Resources
6. Google Structured Data
9. Bonus Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.