In this video, learn how to identify, select, and train your blog team.
- [Instructor] Blogs started out as online diaries, … but as they grew in popularity, … companies saw the potential and decided to jump in. … Organizations wanted to use blogs … to showcase their brand personality … and that's tough to do in a one-person show. … Plus, where would you be if your solo staff blogger left … for another opportunity? … To effectively manage content and build an audience, … organizations had to shift their mindset … and adopt a publishing approach. … And that makes sense, because blogs are essentially … online magazines. … That's why magazine publishing is a good model to use … for how to set up and structure your blog team. … Of course, you need to find an editor … who can create the vision and lead the charge. … That person should be a talented storyteller, … idea generator, and adept at multimedia. … And they should love to write. … Start by looking internally. … You may already have someone in a comms role … who could be the perfect fit. … Next, you'll want to find a few regular writers. …
- Explain how to determine the purpose of your company’s blog.
- Differentiate among the various top blogging platforms.
- Describe how to choose and write editorial guidelines.
- Name the six steps involved in the workflow and approvals process.
- Summarize some ways you can optimize your blog posts.
- Distinguish among curation, guest blogging, and syndication.