Measuring the success of your content marketing efforts is not easy. Here are the major challenges you will encounter when trying to measure content on behalf of your organization.
- If you've ever hit a roadblock trying to measure content,…you're not alone.…Understanding what challenges you'll face with measurement…is essential to begin working through them.…The complexity of content marketing ecosystem…is one of the biggest challenges to effective measurement.…It is easy to get overwhelmed with the choices…of where to spend your time, which channels to focus on,…and which tools are useful.…Think less is more.…The key is to start small by measuring just a few aspects…of your content marketing program,…then expand as you progress.…
Avoid being overwhelmed by all the available options,…especially when you first start measuring content.…Another issue is that many marketers lack experience…measuring content marketing.…With little experience, they often take the wrong approach…to measurement by skipping it altogether…or trying to measure success…like they would traditional advertising.…Brands like Jell-O and Michelin Tires…have been using content marketing since the early 1900s,…but many organizations are just beginning to experiment…
- Determine the benefits of content measurement.
- Define benchmarking.
- Identify the stages of the buying process.
- Compare vanity and actionable metrics.
- Identify an attribution framework.
- Explore how to automate reporting by a stakeholder.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Why Measure
Challenges to address3m 24s
2. Create a Campaign
3. Choose Content Format and Channel
4. Pair Metrics
5. Set Up a Reporting System
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.