In this video, explore a brief marketing ethics case study on CSR and discover the proper approach to ethical decision-making in marketing.
- In 2015, a viral video on YouTube … shows a marine biologist removing a plastic straw … that was wedged into a sea turtle's mouth. … As a result, Coffee Co, a national chain of coffee houses … across the nation, saw this video … and they were excited to announce a new initiative … to ban plastic straws in an effort … to help the environment and to save the sea turtles. … They rolled out with a statement about going green … via a nationally distributed news release, … a message to all of their customers and constituents … on their website homepage and they also set up signs … in all of their cafes. … Everyone would learn that they were banning straws … and making them no longer available to customers. … However, after the big announcement one group … was visibly upset. … The Center for Independence of the Disabled, CFID, … reached out to the marketing team … as well as to the CEO of the company … to share their concerns. … They expressed the need for plastic straws … because people with disabilities could only drink …
- Defining your marketing ethics
- Building an ethical culture
- Ethics for advertising, PR, and cause marketing
- Training your team
- Measuring ethical behavior
- Ethics in action: case studies