In this video, explore a brief marketing ethics case study on AI and discover the proper approach to ethical decision-making in marketing.
- Recently, a health care app, … The Doc Is In, launched in the U.S … after being widely used by consumers in China. … Physicians in different states began offering the app … to patients who could quickly access a chat bot … designed to gather information and records. … The chat bot let patients know … if they needed a visit to the doctor … and it helped the doctor explain treatment options. … However, some of the older patients using the app … didn't understand they were speaking to a chat bot … and not directly to a health care professional. … They didn't know the chat bot wasn't human. … When the news of the chat bot became widely known, … many of the patients were upset. … The communication on the website wasn't clear … that AI was being used to help physicians … make medical assessments. … Unfortunately, patient trust was broken. … And doctors lost patients who had been … with their practices for a long time. … What should the physicians have done … or communicated from the start about the use of the AI app? …
- Defining your marketing ethics
- Building an ethical culture
- Ethics for advertising, PR, and cause marketing
- Training your team
- Measuring ethical behavior
- Ethics in action: case studies