Learn a modern approach to public relations. Discover an eight-step PR process to create media exposure, sway consumer opinion, and maintain a good reputation.
- PR is an investment in story telling and relationship building. It's a commitment in resources to create media exposure, change consumer opinions, and maintain your reputation. All of these outcomes are critical for a business. I'm Deirdre Breakenridge and I've been working with companies to launch successful PR campaigns for over 25 years. In my LinkedIn course, you'll learn how to navigate the media landscape, embrace evolving technologies, including new types of social media, and discover new tools to prepare you to meet the demands of your customers.
I'll cover the skills required to build and manage a PR plan of action, all with a deeper knowledge of your customers, media, employees, and other internal and external groups. You'll also review research techniques and what it takes to build an audience profile. And finally, I'll talk about ways you can measure and evaluate the effectiveness of different types of content and the new media channels to reach people. Now it's time to address your market with an approach that will set up of for PR success.
Let's dive in.
- Explain the value of developing an audience profile.
- Describe the SWOT model and how it can be used to identify threats.
- Name and summarize the 4Cs of developing effective messaging.
- Summarize how thinking like a journalist helps an organization build media relationships.
- Examine the importance of developing community before a crisis strikes.
- Differentiate between an issue and a crisis.
- Cite ways to stop the spread of fake news.
- Define “post-mortem” and describe its value for identifying lessons learned after a crisis.