Author Chris Goward describes what you need on your optimization and personalization team, and helps you decide whether to build your own team and when to hire expert help.
- One of the reasons personalization programs fail…is a lack of resources,…a lack of an expert team who can manage it.…When I started WiderFunnel in 2007,…I did pretty much everything myself.…I had to.…There was no one else who knew, like I did,…what I was trying to build.…And no other company I had seen had a process…that I could emulate, so I had to invent it.…Now since then, luckily I've hired…and trained a lot of smart people,…and together we've created amazing systems, frameworks,…and processes that you can now benefit from.…But you still need a team to do the work,…and your results are directly related…to the skill of the team you bring in.…
So how do you build an expert optimization…and personalization team?…Well, great optimizers come in many flavors…and need to be judged on their results.…They need training and experience in personalization,…A/B testing, behavioral design, cognitive biases,…persuasive copyrighting, web technology,…statistics, design of experiments,…project management, and, of course, marketing.…
Chris Goward has helped lead conversion optimization and personalization strategies for companies like IBM, Google, and HP. Join him in this course to learn the principles of marketing personalization, and strategies to put personalization to work in your campaigns. Chris reviews the different personalization platforms, and explains how to integrate them into your existing toolset. He helps you sort through data and find new opportunities, and prioritize your projects using the PIE framework.
- Why is personalization important?
- When to use personalization
- Integrating personalization platforms
- Personalizing existing targets
- Finding new opportunities
- Using personalization data
- Validating with A/B testing for growth and insights