In this video, begin to learn the steps to build a culture of marketing ethics that goes beyond your marketing team.
- I remember the weeks after 9/11 … when several companies used emotional exploitation … in their advertising. … There were big red flags with these ads, … but they were shared anyway. … Quickly these ads were deemed unethical by customers … and in the eyes of the public, receiving a lot of backlash. … When you have a culture of marketing ethics … this wouldn't have happened. … Everyone who touches marketing at your company … should adhere to ethical guidelines … and exercise their good judgment. … So if you want to build a culture of marketing ethics … with your people acting responsibly, … and with accountability, here's what you need to do. … The first step is to make sure … you create your marketing ethics definition, … which sets clear expectations … not just for one group or level of company personnel. … The expectations are for everyone. … There are no exceptions as to what is … and what is not considered ethical marketing behavior. … You also have to be the brand and live the ethical behavior. …
- Defining your marketing ethics
- Building an ethical culture
- Ethics for advertising, PR, and cause marketing
- Training your team
- Measuring ethical behavior
- Ethics in action: case studies