Learn why it's important to tie your blog with business goals.
- [Instructor] Sometimes I feel like a repeating decimal…when I say this, but all your social media…and marketing program should help achieve…your business goals.…It's one thing to set up a personal blog based…on a subject you're passionate about…and post on it from time to time,…but if you're blogging for your business,…you wanna make sure your efforts and resources pay off.…Audry Topsy of Topsy Turvy Cake Design…already has a visual blog, she uses it to share tips…and recipes and showcase her creations.…
She also started a podcast and she's active…on social media and especially Instagram.…Topsy Turvy is not a big company.…I asked Audry how she and her staff have the time…to create so much content.…- [Audry] Actually, we don't, and I feel like…we're always playing catch-up.…And now, with a blog, social media, and our podcast,…it feels like content marketing is my full-time job.…And while I love it almost as much as I love baking,…I've got a business to run.…- [Instructor] I told Audry she needs to prioritize.…
- Explain how to determine the purpose of your company’s blog.
- Differentiate among the various top blogging platforms.
- Describe how to choose and write editorial guidelines.
- Name the six steps involved in the workflow and approvals process.
- Summarize some ways you can optimize your blog posts.
- Distinguish among curation, guest blogging, and syndication.