This video gives a brief overview of attribution concepts and how Attribution 360 enables multi-touch and digital attribution.
- [Instructor] Okay, marketers, remember that famous quote…from John Wanamaker, "Half the money I spend on advertising…"is wasted; the trouble is I don't know which half"?…Those are some very wise words,…but John Wanamaker didn't live in these times.…Attribution is about figuring out which half,…or, more precisely, figuring out exactly how much value…is being generated by each of the different campaigns…you're running across all the different…digital channels you're using.…Let's take a simple example of what could easily be…a consumer's path to purchase these days.…
First, they go to a search engine…and type in what they're looking for.…They'll click on a few results…and one of them might be your website.…They browse around for a bit,…but that's long enough for you to capture them…on a remarketing list, and, a few days later,…they see your ad and click on it.…This time, when they're on your site,…they decide to follow you on some social media channels…and they subscribe to your email newsletter.…A few days later, you send them an email with a coupon.…
David begins by going through each application and sharing best practices for using each tool, and then provides an example scenario demonstrating how each tool can be used together in order to solve typical issues faced by today's enterprise marketer.
- Collecting and analyzing data with Google Analytics 360
- Streamlining technical implementations with Google Tag Manager 360
- Testing and personalizing with Optimize 360
- Attributing value to campaigns with Attribution 360
- Integrating Google Surveys 360 as a source of customer data
- Tracking and optimizing a typical digital consumer interaction
- Managing, activating, and reporting across multichannel marketing campaigns
- Optimizing digital budget allocations with attribution