Learn about how real-time measurement and benchmarking has evolved into a new feedback loop and measurement model. Deirdre Breakenridge will discuss the main points you should consider to keep your GTM plan updated as time goes on.
- When your team is on the same page, you'll deliver targeted communication to support the launch of your new product. What are the best ways to increase your team collaboration and efficiency? You can use technology to enhance good communications on the inside. There are four ways to enhance your team's effectiveness that starts at the onset of the GTM planning process all the way through launch and post-launch communications. Number one: video conferencing. When you can't be in person with your team members having face to face communications, the next best option is video conferencing.
There are several free and paid options. For popular free web conferencing, you can try Skype or join.me. A few of the paid services include GoToMeeting, BlueJeans, and WebEx. Whether you have a small team or you're part of a larger group, when you can't get everyone in the same room, video calls make you feel a lot closer to your teammates. Number two: project management software. Using project management software is an easy way to track team activities, benchmark important GTM milestones and deliverables during your planning and launch phases.
One project management platform I've used successfully is Basecamp. Now, project management software helps to organize your team, send alerts and reminders to the appropriate parties, and keeps your project momentum going. For team members who are tied to their email inboxes, you can send program alerts that go directly to any team member's email. Number three: channels for quick access to ideas and feedback. Many companies rely on internal instant messaging or they set up software platforms that allow employees to join forums or discussion boards to share thoughts on pressing project issues.
Slack and Yammer are great examples of internal channels that help teams to connect in real time and to share easily as they strive to reach their GTM deadlines. Number four: employee advocacy software. You can use internal software to help build employee advocacy around your product launch communication. There's software that's custom-made for brand and marketing teams who are looking to build advocacy though their company's broader employee base. With technology, you can build a network of internal champions who amplify your new product messages.
The benefits of technology for your team are numerous. The more you can impress upon your team the benefits, the more you'll see their usage and efficiencies increase. Aligning your team and having them work more efficiently together means a product launch that's on time and under budget because everyone is on the same page.
- Building your go-to-market (GTM) plan foundation
- Assessing whether you need a marketing or GTM plan
- Entering new markets with a competitive advantage
- Developing your product vision and message
- Setting your product price at launch
- Setting up your channel strategy
- Driving better channel performance
- Evaluating KPIs and metrics
- Storytelling and the customer journey