- Evaluate the difference between Google and Bing search engines.
- Recognize the characteristics of three categories of search queries.
- Explain what kinds of content would improve a website’s snippet positioning.
- Define the function of a sitelink.
- Describe how to use operators to filter advanced search results.
Skill Level Advanced
- Search is at the core of our day-to-day. We explore everything from finding a local coffee shop to conducting in depth research with simple search queries. So SEO expertise is crucial to thrive in today's digital marketplace. In fact, many growth strategies and marketing ideas hinge off sound search optimization skills. Hi, I'm Brad Brad Batesole, Chief Learning Officer at Madecraft, a former tech CMO, and I've had the pleasure of building SEO strategies for some of the biggest brands over the last 15 years. Through our time together, I'm going to walk you through a deeper layer of SEO. The ever changing world of search presents complex challenges. SEO isn't really a skill, but rather a combination of many skills. Excelling at SEO requires the ability to understand all of the multi layered components that contribute to a site's ability to rank well. So with that said, my goal for this course is to give you an in depth look at one of these components, search factors. Essentially the factors that contribute to how and where your site is displayed on Google's results page. We'll cover the current state of modern search engines, how people are searching, what you need to be doing, and dig deeper into what goes on under the hood to make all of this possible. So, let's get started.