- Improving site indexability and crawlability
- Creating your site architecture
- Picking a domain name
- Managing URLs
- Avoiding duplicate content with canonical URLs
- Using site tags
- Using descriptive image names and alt text
- Investing in structured data and schema markup
- Optimizing your code
Skill Level Advanced
- [Instructor] Search engines have made an enormous contribution to the way we find and interact with information online. The majority of web traffic comes through a search engine, so it's no surprise that we place tremendous importance on trying to capture this traffic through search engine optimization. Hi, I'm Brad Batesole, and in this course, I'm going to walk you through the details of building an SEO-friendly website. The ever-changing world of search presents some real challenges. My goal is to help you navigate this incredibly complex and incredibly large landscape.
We often treat SEO as a skill, but it's truthfully the combination of many skills. Excelling at SEO requires the ability to understand all of the multi-layered components that contribute to a site's ability to rank well. As I'm sure you've come to learn there are many layers to SEO, and you need to capture skills that give you the ability to master these various layers, everything from understanding content, to data interpretation, web development, design, creativity and so on.
There's a need for a relentless attitude towards staying on top of all of these skills and keeping tabs on how these trends are shifting. So with that said, my goal for this course is to give you an in-depth look at one of these layers, the building blocks that make up an SEO-friendly website. We're going to focus not on how to conduct an audit nor how to research and develop great content, but instead on the very foundation you start with. We'll cover the creation of your information architecture, take a closer look at how crawlers interact with your web server, and dig into a wide variety of technical considerations.
Along the way, I'll show you how to manage your URLs, handle your content structure, and even unravel structured data. We'll also touch on how to use a variety of tools and resources to assist you on your journey to create a well-optimized, search-friendly website. So, if you're ready to dive in, let's go ahead and get started.