In this video, learn the difference between issues and a crisis by identifying the crisis warning signs.
- Today, even if a crisis doesn't start…on social media be ready, it'll eventually end up there.…To prepare for crisis that plays out…on social media you want to make sure social media…is weaved into your crisis scenario plan.…For an example of a company that added social media…to their crisis scenario plans check out…the handout titled crisis scenario plan with social media.…First, start using social media monitoring software…in place before the crisis strikes.…
When you're in the heat of a crisis that's not the time…to be selecting the right technology.…Learning, training, and testing…of a platform has to be done beforehand.…You'll also realize that different…situations require different actions.…The more you discuss, document, and categorize…possible crisis scenarios the better prepared…you'll be to handle any crisis situation.…Many companies prep their teams…by setting up mock social media situations…as a part of their team crisis training.…
Working through these scenarios…also means opening up lines of communication…
- Explain the value of developing an audience profile.
- Describe the SWOT model and how it can be used to identify threats.
- Name and summarize the 4Cs of developing effective messaging.
- Summarize how thinking like a journalist helps an organization build media relationships.
- Examine the importance of developing community before a crisis strikes.
- Differentiate between an issue and a crisis.
- Cite ways to stop the spread of fake news.
- Define “post-mortem” and describe its value for identifying lessons learned after a crisis.
Skill Level Beginner
Public Relations Foundations: Media Trainingwith Deirdre Breakenridge1h 25m Intermediate
Launch Your Product to the Presswith Andrea Holland34m 45s Beginner
Marketing Communicationswith Deirdre Breakenridge1h 40m Beginner
1. From PR to PR Expanded
2. Today's Consumers
Developing audience profiles2m 42s
3. The Integrated Approach to PR Planning
4. Relationships and Champions
5. When Crisis Strikes
6. PR Writing Today
7. The Value of PR
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.