Join Peter Kent for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Google AdWords Keyword Tool, part of Analyzing Your Website to Improve SEO.
- One very popular keyword analysis tool…is the Google AdWords keyword planner.…It's really designed for use by AdWords…pay-per-click advertisers,…but it's still popular with SEO people,…mainly because it's free and it's great data.…You don't need to spend any money,…but you will need to create an account.…This used to be open to the public,…but these days you must have a Google AdWords account…before you can use it.…If you don't have an AdWords account,…go to AdWords and create one.…
It will only take a few minutes,…and you won't have to actually pay anything.…Once you've done that, load the keywords tool.…Select Tools, Keyword Planner,…and we'll get started.…This tool is going to find keyword ideas for us.…We're going to give Google either a sample keyword,…one of the words on our original list,…and Google will provide a list of related terms.…Or, we're going to provide the URL of a website,…perhaps a competitor's, even,…and Google will give us terms relating to that site.…
So let's put a term into this first box,…
This course was updated on 10/12/2012.
- Understanding why indexing is important
- Using the Google AdWords Keyword Tool
- Dealing with frames, iframes, and popups
- Working with SEO-friendly URLs
- Using meta tags
- Clearing source code clutter
- Building links within the site
- Working with Google+
- Reviewing page content
- Building and submitting an HTML and XML sitemap
- Garnering links outside the site
Skill Level Intermediate
This course was updated on 10/12/2012. What changed?
We added three movies to keep the course as current as possible. The new movies cover rich snippets, the Panda/Penguin upgrades to the Google search algorithm, and incorporating Google+ into your marketing and search engine optimization strategies.