Join Peter Kent for an in-depth discussion in this video Planning ahead for mobile and HTTPS, part of Analyzing Your Website to Improve SEO.
- Before you begin work on your SEO, there are a couple…of infrastructure things we need to look at,…the issue of mobile sites and HTTPS.…Both Google and Bing now determine whether a site…is mobile-friendly or not, and if it's not,…then the site will downgraded in the search results…when somebody searches from a small mobile device,…typically a smartphone.…This does not affect searches coming from…laptops or tablets, it's just smartphones.…Does this matter?…It certainly does, as a huge proportion of searches…are now coming from smartphones,…and the proportion's growing all the time.…
For many people, especially younger people,…the smartphone's now the device of choice.…But even for older people and demographics you…might think of as unsophisticated,…more and more searches are coming from these small devices.…Check your site's logs and take a look.…You could easily be seeing 20% or 30% of…your traffic coming from these devices.…So if your site is not mobile-friendly, you're going to…see a big hit in your search traffic.…
- Understanding why indexing is important
- Using the Google AdWords Keyword Tool
- Dealing with frames, iframes, and popups
- Working with SEO-friendly URLs
- Using meta tags
- Clearing source code clutter
- Building links within the site
- Working with Google+
- Reviewing page content
- Building and submitting an HTML and XML sitemap
- Garnering links outside the site
Skill Level Intermediate
This course was updated on 10/12/2012. What changed?
We added three movies to keep the course as current as possible. The new movies cover rich snippets, the Panda/Penguin upgrades to the Google search algorithm, and incorporating Google+ into your marketing and search engine optimization strategies.