Join Peter Kent for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Analyzing Your Website to Improve SEO.
- If you do everything we've covered in this short SEO…course, you may well find significant improvements in your…search ranking and, more importantly, the traffic…coming to your site from the search engines.…Many companies have reported that these…simple changes had a huge effect for them.…Of course, you may want more, or perhaps you're…working in a very competitive area in which you need…to do much more in order to compete.…We covered linking pretty quickly in this course.…If you're working in a very competitive area,…then you'll find a strong linking strategy is essential.…
You really need to jump in and learn…as much as you can about that.…Google the term link building and you'll find lots…of information about link building strategies.…There are many sources of information related to SEO.…You may want to check out what the search…engines themselves say, of course.…Both Google and Bing provide information…in their webmaster areas.…Remember, you're getting the official line,…what the search engines want you to think…
This course was updated on 10/12/2012.
- Understanding why indexing is important
- Using the Google AdWords Keyword Tool
- Dealing with frames, iframes, and popups
- Working with SEO-friendly URLs
- Using meta tags
- Clearing source code clutter
- Building links within the site
- Working with Google+
- Reviewing page content
- Building and submitting an HTML and XML sitemap
- Garnering links outside the site
Skill Level Intermediate
This course was updated on 10/12/2012. What changed?
We added three movies to keep the course as current as possible. The new movies cover rich snippets, the Panda/Penguin upgrades to the Google search algorithm, and incorporating Google+ into your marketing and search engine optimization strategies.