Join Peter Kent for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring Penguin, part of SEO: Link Building in Depth.
- Early in 2012…Google released a new algorithm update called Penguin.…This update was related to both on-page…and off-page factors.…Both on-page optimization and linking to the site.…We're only going to discuss linking in this video of course.…In fact, as far as the linking goes,…Penguin is really a continuation of a variety of changes…Google had been making recently.…And in fact,…whether we give these changes fancy names or not,…they're all part of a process…that's been going on for years.…
Google is simply trying to do a better job…at figuring out which links are important and which are not.…In an earlier video I discussed my idea…of the two basic types of links,…real links and "fake" links.…And these algorithm changes are all part of Google…trying to do a better job at figuring out the difference.…So what are these recent changes?…Well, as far as the Penguin update itself,…those changes were very specifically related…to Google's Webmaster Guidelines.…Google stated that the update was intended…to decrease rankings for sites…
- Understanding Google PageRank results
- Analyzing links
- Building local and directory links
- Working with article syndication services
- Creating link bait
- Distributing links of social networks
- Buying links: the pros and cons
Skill Level Intermediate
Analyzing Your Website to Improve SEOwith Peter Kent1h 47m Intermediate
1. Link Basics
2. Building Links
3. The Link Game
Next steps for linking3m 27s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.