Join Deirdre Breakenridge for an in-depth discussion in this video The new eight-step workflow for PR pros, part of Public Relations Foundations (2014).
- PR is a process you should start with research…which is either a first-hand account of information…or already published studies…to help you understand your audience…and to develop the messages you want to share.…In the past, messages were distributed…on a border scale via news wire,…then you would use a monitoring or clipping service…to track and measure the media coverage.…You would also survey or poll audiences…to see if your messages made an impact.…
However, It's time to change the process…because people today receive more messages daily…and they're increasingly skeptical of these communications.…As a matter of fact, they're very selective…of how they receive and share their news.…This is mostly due to social media…and the ability to have peer to peer interactions.…Studies show that you trust your peers more…than any media outlet, governing body, or company.…Here's how you can change the peer process…to get closer to your audience, those who really matter.…
Whether they're journalists, bloggers,…customers, employees, suppliers, investors, etc.…
Learn today's public relations techniques and best practices with PR expert Deirdre Breakenridge. In this detailed course, she explains how social media has revolutionized public relations, and offers an effective eight-step workflow you can use to ensure you're sharing the right message with the right audience. Learn how to build a PR plan, develop and optimize messaging, and engage everyone in the media, from reporters to bloggers and influencers. Next, see how to manage relationships and your organization's reputation; amplify awareness with the aid of internal and external "champions"; and plan for, and gracefully navigate, crises. Finally, explore the differences between a news release and a social media release, check out effective visual storytelling techniques for new media, and see how to measure and share PR outcomes.
- Explain two ways to raise credibility.
- Define research.
- Identify the steps to take when auditing social media communication.
- Describe the thinking process PR professionals should use when developing messages and optimizing content.
- Recognize three strategies for becoming a trusted source for journalists and bloggers.
- Differentiate between issue management and crisis management.
- Explain how to create effective infographics.
- Identify the important of understanding data and analytics.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Moving from PR and PR 2.0 to PR Expanded
2. Researching Today's Consumers
3. Learning the Integrated Approach to PR Planning
4. Developing Relationships and Building Champions
5. When Crisis Strikes
6. PR Writing Today
7. Finding the ROI and the Value of PR
Conclusion: Becoming the Modern-Day Communicator
Next steps3m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.