Join Deirdre Breakenridge for an in-depth discussion in this video Visual storytelling in PR: Videos, infographics, images, and more, part of Public Relations Foundations (2014).
- I'm sure you've heard the saying "Seeing is believing,"…and "a picture is worth a thousand words."…The reason: we're highly visual creatures.…If you see it, you tend to understand what's being…presented more easily and your learning increases.…Visual content also helps you to retain more information…especially in an age of media saturation.…The proof is in the numbers with…consumers choosing social communities like…Instagram and Pinterest as well as other sites…that tell stories through good visual content.…
Public relations professionals have to start…using more visuals in their stories…from images and infographics to videos…but where do you start and how do you begin…to use visuals as a part of your storytelling?…Let's begin with seven ways that you can…incorporate visuals into your story…to increase how much more people…will enjoy and share your news.…Number one, swap out the uninteresting stock photos…for graphics and imagery you create…or photos you take on your own.…
This is your opportunity to be original.…
Learn today's public relations techniques and best practices with PR expert Deirdre Breakenridge. In this detailed course, she explains how social media has revolutionized public relations, and offers an effective eight-step workflow you can use to ensure you're sharing the right message with the right audience. Learn how to build a PR plan, develop and optimize messaging, and engage everyone in the media, from reporters to bloggers and influencers. Next, see how to manage relationships and your organization's reputation; amplify awareness with the aid of internal and external "champions"; and plan for, and gracefully navigate, crises. Finally, explore the differences between a news release and a social media release, check out effective visual storytelling techniques for new media, and see how to measure and share PR outcomes.
- Explain two ways to raise credibility.
- Define research.
- Identify the steps to take when auditing social media communication.
- Describe the thinking process PR professionals should use when developing messages and optimizing content.
- Recognize three strategies for becoming a trusted source for journalists and bloggers.
- Differentiate between issue management and crisis management.
- Explain how to create effective infographics.
- Identify the important of understanding data and analytics.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Moving from PR and PR 2.0 to PR Expanded
2. Researching Today's Consumers
3. Learning the Integrated Approach to PR Planning
4. Developing Relationships and Building Champions
5. When Crisis Strikes
6. PR Writing Today
7. Finding the ROI and the Value of PR
Conclusion: Becoming the Modern-Day Communicator
Next steps3m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.