Join Deirdre Breakenridge for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding the elements of the PR plan, part of Public Relations Foundations (2014).
- You need to build a PR plan prior…to launching and then measuring…the outcomes of your communications program.…Let me guide you through the planning process.…Here are eight important parts of your plan…that you should build for your company…or for your own entrepreneurial PR effort.…The plan starts with…number one, The Executive Summary.…It's the first piece of the plan, however,…even though the summary comes first,…you can't complete this part until…all the other pieces of the plan are in place.…When you're ready to share your plan,…the summaries for those busy executives…who just want to read the highlights…rather than getting into all of the different details.…
They're simply looking for a high level overview.…Number two, Background and Situation Analysis.…You really have to understand the background…of the situation and lay the groundwork…for why you're developing a plan to begin with.…Your Background and Situation Analysis…will uncover major issues or challenges…that you've faced with your communication program.…
Learn today's public relations techniques and best practices with PR expert Deirdre Breakenridge. In this detailed course, she explains how social media has revolutionized public relations, and offers an effective eight-step workflow you can use to ensure you're sharing the right message with the right audience. Learn how to build a PR plan, develop and optimize messaging, and engage everyone in the media, from reporters to bloggers and influencers. Next, see how to manage relationships and your organization's reputation; amplify awareness with the aid of internal and external "champions"; and plan for, and gracefully navigate, crises. Finally, explore the differences between a news release and a social media release, check out effective visual storytelling techniques for new media, and see how to measure and share PR outcomes.
- Explain two ways to raise credibility.
- Define research.
- Identify the steps to take when auditing social media communication.
- Describe the thinking process PR professionals should use when developing messages and optimizing content.
- Recognize three strategies for becoming a trusted source for journalists and bloggers.
- Differentiate between issue management and crisis management.
- Explain how to create effective infographics.
- Identify the important of understanding data and analytics.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Moving from PR and PR 2.0 to PR Expanded
2. Researching Today's Consumers
3. Learning the Integrated Approach to PR Planning
4. Developing Relationships and Building Champions
5. When Crisis Strikes
6. PR Writing Today
7. Finding the ROI and the Value of PR
Conclusion: Becoming the Modern-Day Communicator
Next steps3m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.