Join Deirdre Breakenridge for an in-depth discussion in this video Uncovering modern-day communication roles and responsibilities, part of Public Relations Foundations (2014).
- The future of communication rests in your hands,…the professional driving the industry forward.…Ask yourself, "What's required of me today?…"And am I the modern-day communications pro?"…It's certainly not an easy question to answer,…but definitely a necessary one to answer.…Here's where you have an opportunity…to look more deeply into your own professional goals.…Number one, Do you feel you can achieve the flexibility…and precision you need as you serve businesses…and the public?…Number two, Have you taken bold storytelling strides,…using different types of content and media…to share your news?…Number three, Are you technologically savvy?…And are you aware of how the public uses…and behaves through social technologies?…Number four, Are you building stronger,…more meaningful relationships with brand champions…who are helping to co-create brands?…Number five, Are you measuring ROI…or impact to get the attention of business executives?…The answers start with a forward thinking mindset.…
The future comes down to your overall desire…
Learn today's public relations techniques and best practices with PR expert Deirdre Breakenridge. In this detailed course, she explains how social media has revolutionized public relations, and offers an effective eight-step workflow you can use to ensure you're sharing the right message with the right audience. Learn how to build a PR plan, develop and optimize messaging, and engage everyone in the media, from reporters to bloggers and influencers. Next, see how to manage relationships and your organization's reputation; amplify awareness with the aid of internal and external "champions"; and plan for, and gracefully navigate, crises. Finally, explore the differences between a news release and a social media release, check out effective visual storytelling techniques for new media, and see how to measure and share PR outcomes.
- Explain two ways to raise credibility.
- Define research.
- Identify the steps to take when auditing social media communication.
- Describe the thinking process PR professionals should use when developing messages and optimizing content.
- Recognize three strategies for becoming a trusted source for journalists and bloggers.
- Differentiate between issue management and crisis management.
- Explain how to create effective infographics.
- Identify the important of understanding data and analytics.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Moving from PR and PR 2.0 to PR Expanded
2. Researching Today's Consumers
3. Learning the Integrated Approach to PR Planning
4. Developing Relationships and Building Champions
5. When Crisis Strikes
6. PR Writing Today
7. Finding the ROI and the Value of PR
Conclusion: Becoming the Modern-Day Communicator
Next steps3m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.