Join Deirdre Breakenridge for an in-depth discussion in this video Three steps to PR and modern-day communications, part of Public Relations Foundations (2014).
- The field of PR is changing…and you must grow along with the profession.…Being a modern-day communication professional…means that you're taking the best of the past forward.…As I navigate unfamiliar territory,…I manage to stay focused on being…a brand police officer and a reputation manager.…And ethics and transparency is always top of mind,…especially in an age of interactions…and measurement that keeps me accountable.…So, as you embrace what's new in the field of PR…and expand into exciting roles and opportunities,…here are three steps that you can take to help you…stay ahead and be at the very top of your PR game.…
Number one: realize that change, by nature,…can be uncomfortable because it's unfamiliar territory.…However, if you don't know something,…then don't wait for someone to teach you.…Learn it yourself.…Why? Because a modern-day communications professional…must adapt quickly because of the disruptive technology…and all of the change in consumer behavior.…You can't be complacent.…You must always be ready to communicate…
Learn today's public relations techniques and best practices with PR expert Deirdre Breakenridge. In this detailed course, she explains how social media has revolutionized public relations, and offers an effective eight-step workflow you can use to ensure you're sharing the right message with the right audience. Learn how to build a PR plan, develop and optimize messaging, and engage everyone in the media, from reporters to bloggers and influencers. Next, see how to manage relationships and your organization's reputation; amplify awareness with the aid of internal and external "champions"; and plan for, and gracefully navigate, crises. Finally, explore the differences between a news release and a social media release, check out effective visual storytelling techniques for new media, and see how to measure and share PR outcomes.
- Explain two ways to raise credibility.
- Define research.
- Identify the steps to take when auditing social media communication.
- Describe the thinking process PR professionals should use when developing messages and optimizing content.
- Recognize three strategies for becoming a trusted source for journalists and bloggers.
- Differentiate between issue management and crisis management.
- Explain how to create effective infographics.
- Identify the important of understanding data and analytics.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Moving from PR and PR 2.0 to PR Expanded
2. Researching Today's Consumers
3. Learning the Integrated Approach to PR Planning
4. Developing Relationships and Building Champions
5. When Crisis Strikes
6. PR Writing Today
7. Finding the ROI and the Value of PR
Conclusion: Becoming the Modern-Day Communicator
Next steps3m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.