Join Deirdre Breakenridge for an in-depth discussion in this video Reporting results to execs and other stakeholders, part of Public Relations Foundations (2014).
- With so many metrics to capture…and different ways to gather information today,…your measurement program has to take…into consideration one very important point,…reporting the right results to the right people.…I've noticed this more now than ever before…as a result of social media.…We have an abundance of metrics…that can be captured, as we use technology…that allows us to analyze online behavior,…hear conversations and witness engagement in real time.…
We also have to have a better handle on awareness,…reach and share a voice.…The trick is delivering the appropriate information…that people want from you.…I like to break down the reporting into three areas.…For the business executives, business stakeholders…in the organization and PR marketing teams…and the agencies running the programs…and the campaigns.…Let's start at the top with the most important group,…our C-level, leadership or the business executives.…
What do these busy professionals want…and what can you serve up very quickly,…if you only had 15 to 30 minutes to capture their attention?…
Learn today's public relations techniques and best practices with PR expert Deirdre Breakenridge. In this detailed course, she explains how social media has revolutionized public relations, and offers an effective eight-step workflow you can use to ensure you're sharing the right message with the right audience. Learn how to build a PR plan, develop and optimize messaging, and engage everyone in the media, from reporters to bloggers and influencers. Next, see how to manage relationships and your organization's reputation; amplify awareness with the aid of internal and external "champions"; and plan for, and gracefully navigate, crises. Finally, explore the differences between a news release and a social media release, check out effective visual storytelling techniques for new media, and see how to measure and share PR outcomes.
- Explain two ways to raise credibility.
- Define research.
- Identify the steps to take when auditing social media communication.
- Describe the thinking process PR professionals should use when developing messages and optimizing content.
- Recognize three strategies for becoming a trusted source for journalists and bloggers.
- Differentiate between issue management and crisis management.
- Explain how to create effective infographics.
- Identify the important of understanding data and analytics.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Moving from PR and PR 2.0 to PR Expanded
2. Researching Today's Consumers
3. Learning the Integrated Approach to PR Planning
4. Developing Relationships and Building Champions
5. When Crisis Strikes
6. PR Writing Today
7. Finding the ROI and the Value of PR
Conclusion: Becoming the Modern-Day Communicator
Next steps3m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.