Join Deirdre Breakenridge for an in-depth discussion in this video PR measurement, from click to conversion, part of Public Relations Foundations (2014).
- It's not that we don't want to measure pier of success.…Often, we find it difficult to choose the best approach…to measurement with a large variety…of metrics that can be captured.…What are the most meaningful key performance indicators,…or KPIs, when you wanna show how you're increasing…exposure amongst your audience or wanna change an opinion.…Perhaps you wanna show a preference…or create impact and advocacy.…There are several ways to measure but first…you have to know exactly what it is…that you're trying to achieve.…
Here are five ways to carve out your pier…of measurement program with clear KPIs.…If your goal is exposure, when you wanna create exposure,…you have to think about the different ways…that your communication will come across…to an audience, effective in tone, meaning, and message.…You also wanna think about the frequency…and the reach of your communication.…Here are some common ways to measure…and quantify your exposure over a period of time.…For example, you could look at the number…of times you communicate,…
Learn today's public relations techniques and best practices with PR expert Deirdre Breakenridge. In this detailed course, she explains how social media has revolutionized public relations, and offers an effective eight-step workflow you can use to ensure you're sharing the right message with the right audience. Learn how to build a PR plan, develop and optimize messaging, and engage everyone in the media, from reporters to bloggers and influencers. Next, see how to manage relationships and your organization's reputation; amplify awareness with the aid of internal and external "champions"; and plan for, and gracefully navigate, crises. Finally, explore the differences between a news release and a social media release, check out effective visual storytelling techniques for new media, and see how to measure and share PR outcomes.
- Explain two ways to raise credibility.
- Define research.
- Identify the steps to take when auditing social media communication.
- Describe the thinking process PR professionals should use when developing messages and optimizing content.
- Recognize three strategies for becoming a trusted source for journalists and bloggers.
- Differentiate between issue management and crisis management.
- Explain how to create effective infographics.
- Identify the important of understanding data and analytics.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Moving from PR and PR 2.0 to PR Expanded
2. Researching Today's Consumers
3. Learning the Integrated Approach to PR Planning
4. Developing Relationships and Building Champions
5. When Crisis Strikes
6. PR Writing Today
7. Finding the ROI and the Value of PR
Conclusion: Becoming the Modern-Day Communicator
Next steps3m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.