Join Deirdre Breakenridge for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Public Relations Foundations (2014).
- Congratulations on making it this far in the course.…If you enjoyed these videos…then there are many helpful resources…to take you further down the path…to practicing great PR for your business.…If you want to explore reputation management in crisis,…The Power of Communications is an excellent book…written by Helio Fred Garcia.…It's a must-read book when you're faced…with navigating issues and crisis,…giving you a strong focus on strategic communication.…If you're interested in learning more about the integration…of PR in social media,…I recommend Putting the Public Back in Public Relations…by Brian Solis, and yours truly,…as well as The New Rules of Marketing & PR…by David Meerman Scott.…
A few of the reliable blog resources…for PR professionals are The Bad Pitch blog,…Spin Sucks, PR Expanded,…The Sword and the Script,…PRNewser, the PRSay blog,…and Holtz Communications + Technology blog.…It's also really important to network…with other professionals to learn the latest in PR.…Joining a professionals association…
Learn today's public relations techniques and best practices with PR expert Deirdre Breakenridge. In this detailed course, she explains how social media has revolutionized public relations, and offers an effective eight-step workflow you can use to ensure you're sharing the right message with the right audience. Learn how to build a PR plan, develop and optimize messaging, and engage everyone in the media, from reporters to bloggers and influencers. Next, see how to manage relationships and your organization's reputation; amplify awareness with the aid of internal and external "champions"; and plan for, and gracefully navigate, crises. Finally, explore the differences between a news release and a social media release, check out effective visual storytelling techniques for new media, and see how to measure and share PR outcomes.
- Explain two ways to raise credibility.
- Define research.
- Identify the steps to take when auditing social media communication.
- Describe the thinking process PR professionals should use when developing messages and optimizing content.
- Recognize three strategies for becoming a trusted source for journalists and bloggers.
- Differentiate between issue management and crisis management.
- Explain how to create effective infographics.
- Identify the important of understanding data and analytics.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Moving from PR and PR 2.0 to PR Expanded
2. Researching Today's Consumers
3. Learning the Integrated Approach to PR Planning
4. Developing Relationships and Building Champions
5. When Crisis Strikes
6. PR Writing Today
7. Finding the ROI and the Value of PR
Conclusion: Becoming the Modern-Day Communicator
Next steps3m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.