Join Deirdre Breakenridge for an in-depth discussion in this video New channels, new choices: The evolution of telling your story, part of Public Relations Foundations (2014).
- There are many different ways to tell a good story.…When you have news to share it's so important to select…the right channels to reach your target publics.…We used to rely heavily on news wire services…and the media to share news.…However, today, the choices go far beyond…mainstream news outlets and wire services.…New media channels have given us additional options…to share with no only traditional media…but also bloggers and other influencers…as well as directly with your customers.…
Here are the different ways you can evolve your storytelling…to get the most awareness…and editorial coverage from your news.…First, share with top tier national media when…you have a big story to tell and it requires distribution…to mainstream national news outlets.…These are you primary newsmakers…or media outlets that range from daily national publications…to national broadcast and cable TV stations.…When you have a national news story…the announcement will often trickle down…to secondary newsmakers which are your regional…
Learn today's public relations techniques and best practices with PR expert Deirdre Breakenridge. In this detailed course, she explains how social media has revolutionized public relations, and offers an effective eight-step workflow you can use to ensure you're sharing the right message with the right audience. Learn how to build a PR plan, develop and optimize messaging, and engage everyone in the media, from reporters to bloggers and influencers. Next, see how to manage relationships and your organization's reputation; amplify awareness with the aid of internal and external "champions"; and plan for, and gracefully navigate, crises. Finally, explore the differences between a news release and a social media release, check out effective visual storytelling techniques for new media, and see how to measure and share PR outcomes.
- Explain two ways to raise credibility.
- Define research.
- Identify the steps to take when auditing social media communication.
- Describe the thinking process PR professionals should use when developing messages and optimizing content.
- Recognize three strategies for becoming a trusted source for journalists and bloggers.
- Differentiate between issue management and crisis management.
- Explain how to create effective infographics.
- Identify the important of understanding data and analytics.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Moving from PR and PR 2.0 to PR Expanded
2. Researching Today's Consumers
3. Learning the Integrated Approach to PR Planning
4. Developing Relationships and Building Champions
5. When Crisis Strikes
6. PR Writing Today
7. Finding the ROI and the Value of PR
Conclusion: Becoming the Modern-Day Communicator
Next steps3m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.