Join Deirdre Breakenridge for an in-depth discussion in this video Investigating PR and social media communication audits, part of Public Relations Foundations (2014).
- In order to create a successful PR program,…it's really important to know what…has been successful for you in the past.…I work with so many companies,…and if you don't evaluate your strengths…and weaknesses of past program,…it is really difficult to move forward…to find PR success.…We're talking about the PR Communication Audit,…and today, it includes auditing…your social media properties as well.…The goal of the Communications Audit is to…one, review how well the organization…communicates internally or externally with the public.…
Two, focus on messages exchanged,…this means the media used and the outputs…and outcomes of the process.…Three, help identify the missing links…or any blocked circuits in the communications process.…So there are several steps in the Auditing Process.…First, evaluate all of your communication…from business identity and promotional materials…to your website presence and your news coverage.…Second, talk to your stakeholders.…
Take advantage of speaking with both…internal and external stakeholders.…
Learn today's public relations techniques and best practices with PR expert Deirdre Breakenridge. In this detailed course, she explains how social media has revolutionized public relations, and offers an effective eight-step workflow you can use to ensure you're sharing the right message with the right audience. Learn how to build a PR plan, develop and optimize messaging, and engage everyone in the media, from reporters to bloggers and influencers. Next, see how to manage relationships and your organization's reputation; amplify awareness with the aid of internal and external "champions"; and plan for, and gracefully navigate, crises. Finally, explore the differences between a news release and a social media release, check out effective visual storytelling techniques for new media, and see how to measure and share PR outcomes.
- Explain two ways to raise credibility.
- Define research.
- Identify the steps to take when auditing social media communication.
- Describe the thinking process PR professionals should use when developing messages and optimizing content.
- Recognize three strategies for becoming a trusted source for journalists and bloggers.
- Differentiate between issue management and crisis management.
- Explain how to create effective infographics.
- Identify the important of understanding data and analytics.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Moving from PR and PR 2.0 to PR Expanded
2. Researching Today's Consumers
3. Learning the Integrated Approach to PR Planning
4. Developing Relationships and Building Champions
5. When Crisis Strikes
6. PR Writing Today
7. Finding the ROI and the Value of PR
Conclusion: Becoming the Modern-Day Communicator
Next steps3m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.