Join Deirdre Breakenridge for an in-depth discussion in this video Developing messaging and optimizing content, part of Public Relations Foundations (2014).
- As a part of your PR planning,…you need to develop strong key messages…in your content that moves your audience into action.…With all of the media noise and message over-saturation,…it's so important to not only get someones attention,…but to also, to get them engaged enough so they act.…Recently, the ALS ice bucket challenge…raised more than 100 million dollars for ALS research.…It's easy in this one example…to see how one relatively simple challenge…had hundreds of thousands of people participating.…
Now, that's an example of powerful messaging and content…that lead to maximum impact.…Funds raised.…Why can't every message get the same reaction?…Well, PR professionals need to step back…and think about, one, formulating the message,…making it important to an audience with…as little bias as possible…and two, framing those messages with additional information…that further supports and drives home a desired action.…
When it comes to strong messages that…you weave into your content,…you have to keep in mind…the potential bias of your receivers.…
Learn today's public relations techniques and best practices with PR expert Deirdre Breakenridge. In this detailed course, she explains how social media has revolutionized public relations, and offers an effective eight-step workflow you can use to ensure you're sharing the right message with the right audience. Learn how to build a PR plan, develop and optimize messaging, and engage everyone in the media, from reporters to bloggers and influencers. Next, see how to manage relationships and your organization's reputation; amplify awareness with the aid of internal and external "champions"; and plan for, and gracefully navigate, crises. Finally, explore the differences between a news release and a social media release, check out effective visual storytelling techniques for new media, and see how to measure and share PR outcomes.
- Explain two ways to raise credibility.
- Define research.
- Identify the steps to take when auditing social media communication.
- Describe the thinking process PR professionals should use when developing messages and optimizing content.
- Recognize three strategies for becoming a trusted source for journalists and bloggers.
- Differentiate between issue management and crisis management.
- Explain how to create effective infographics.
- Identify the important of understanding data and analytics.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Moving from PR and PR 2.0 to PR Expanded
2. Researching Today's Consumers
3. Learning the Integrated Approach to PR Planning
4. Developing Relationships and Building Champions
5. When Crisis Strikes
6. PR Writing Today
7. Finding the ROI and the Value of PR
Conclusion: Becoming the Modern-Day Communicator
Next steps3m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.