Join Deirdre Breakenridge for an in-depth discussion in this video Developing audience profiles and buyer personas, part of Public Relations Foundations (2014).
- Years ago, audiences were defined and evaluated…based on their demographics and psychographics.…The demographics helped PR professionals to understand…age, location, income and any statistical information…relating to a population or a group within a population.…However, getting to know people and being more targeted…with communication also requires an understanding…of psychographics.…Psychographics tell us more about individuals with respect…to their attitudes, aspirations, perceptions, et cetera.…
You're able to dig into more of the psychology…around their behavior.…What if I told you that knowing demographics…and pyschographics was still not enough to truly…be targeted in your communication?…It's true.…Because consumers want customized communication,…tailored to what they like,…and also what they want to share.…You need to develop a profile that uncovers more about…your target as a group based on how they interact together.…
Here's where diving into social media communities…allows you to observe the sociology of a network…
Learn today's public relations techniques and best practices with PR expert Deirdre Breakenridge. In this detailed course, she explains how social media has revolutionized public relations, and offers an effective eight-step workflow you can use to ensure you're sharing the right message with the right audience. Learn how to build a PR plan, develop and optimize messaging, and engage everyone in the media, from reporters to bloggers and influencers. Next, see how to manage relationships and your organization's reputation; amplify awareness with the aid of internal and external "champions"; and plan for, and gracefully navigate, crises. Finally, explore the differences between a news release and a social media release, check out effective visual storytelling techniques for new media, and see how to measure and share PR outcomes.
- Explain two ways to raise credibility.
- Define research.
- Identify the steps to take when auditing social media communication.
- Describe the thinking process PR professionals should use when developing messages and optimizing content.
- Recognize three strategies for becoming a trusted source for journalists and bloggers.
- Differentiate between issue management and crisis management.
- Explain how to create effective infographics.
- Identify the important of understanding data and analytics.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Moving from PR and PR 2.0 to PR Expanded
2. Researching Today's Consumers
3. Learning the Integrated Approach to PR Planning
4. Developing Relationships and Building Champions
5. When Crisis Strikes
6. PR Writing Today
7. Finding the ROI and the Value of PR
Conclusion: Becoming the Modern-Day Communicator
Next steps3m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.